Post-covid, the purchasing behavior of B2B buyers has taken a drastic shift. There is a massive increase in online buying and time spent surfing the internet.
According to Sana's recent report, B2B buyers have increased their online spending by 45%. And the percentage of products bought online has increased by 51% to 67%.
These are not small increments but drastic shifts that cannot be ignored.
Keeping up with the latest trends and statistics can help businesses stay ahead of the competition and achieve their marketing goals.
But looking for the right resource from hundreds of reports can take ages.
So, we did the work for you. Kurve has compiled the most recent B2B marketing statistics that provide insights into customer behavior, emerging trends, and best practices for B2B marketers so you can easily stay up to date with the latest trends.
Let's get started.
|Table Of Contents:|
- 70% of B2B marketers rely on lead conversion as a content marketing performance metric.
- Businesses with more personalized marketing grew 60% more than one with little or no personalization.
- 97% of marketers use content marketing as part of their marketing strategy.
- 84% of B2B businesses already use advanced analytics tools to manage content.
- 93% of B2B businesses find LinkedIn the most effective in content distribution.
- The B2B E-commerce market is projected to attain a value of $47,772.6 billion by 2030, with an estimated annual growth rate of 11.8% from 2021 to 2030.
- 90% of B2B buyers research 2-7 websites before making a purchase.
- B2B buyers engage with 3-7 pieces of content before talking to a sales rep, and 11% said they consume over 7 pieces of content.
- 90% of B2B buyers turn to online channels as their primary method for identifying new suppliers.
- 67% of B2B buyers start their purchase journey online.
General B2B Marketing Statistics
Before we dive into further subtitles, let's first take a glance at the general trends and performance metrics in the B2B marketing industry. This will provide us with a broad understanding of the landscape and set the context for the more detailed discussions to follow.
- According to MarketingChart's latest report, 40% of respondents say that B2B buying cycles last only two to three weeks. (1)
- Millennials account for 73% of B2B purchasing decisions. (2)
- 90% of B2B buyers start their purchase journey with an online search. (48)
- 81% of B2B shoppers worldwide complete the entire process, from being inspired to making a purchase as quickly as possible. (52)
- Gartner expects that 80% of interactions between buyers and sellers will happen online by 2025. (49)
- B2B marketers are using 10 unique channels to interact with their customers.
- According to the Sagefrog Report, the top marketing spend of B2B businesses in 2021 was website development (51%), followed by digital marketing (44%) and content marketing (33%). (3)
- According to CheifMarketer, emails bring 50% of marketing leads for B2B businesses (4)
- 76% of B2B companies have a formal marketing plan (5)
- Over one-third of B2B companies allocate 5% of their budget to marketing. (6)
- Referrals remain the top sources for getting new qualified leads for B2B businesses. (8)
- B2B buyers value ease of finding a product, specialized content, and AR/VR in product display over price, product videos, and user-friendly experience. (47)
- A whopping 81% of buyers in the business world feel that they could make more informed decisions if B2B advertising strategies were more effective at capturing their attention and interest.
Content Marketing Statistics
Content is a crucial element for B2B marketing. These statistics offer insights into the performance of various types of content, channels for distribution, and emerging trends in the B2B world.
- By 2022, Internet video traffic is projected to make up 82% of all consumer Internet traffic worldwide, which is an increase from 73% in 2017. (9)
- 97% of marketers use content marketing as part of their marketing strategy.
- 90% of B2B buyers research 2-7 websites before making a purchase. (10)
- B2B buyers engage with 3-7 pieces of content before talking to a sales rep, and 11% said they consume over 7 pieces of content. (44)
- Approximately two-thirds (66%) of B2B teams comprise 3 decision-makers. (1)
- On average, B2B buyers go through thirteen pieces of content before making a purchase decision (1)
- Businesses with more personalized marketing grew 60% more than one with little or no personalization. (44)
- Half of B2B marketing teams outsource at least one content marketing activity. (11)
- The majority (55%) of B2B content marketing teams publish content several times a week. (12)
- A long-form blog post takes 7 hours and 35 minutes (13)
- A typical first-page search result on Google consists of 1,447 words on average. (14)
- 84% of B2B businesses already use advanced analytics tools to manage content. (16)
- 80% of business decision-makers have a preference for articles over advertisements. Additionally, 60% of them state that a company's content assists them in making more informed decisions about their products. (15)
Lead Generation Statistics
Lead generation trends in B2B have shifted drastically. It doesn't start with a traditional cold-calling method, instead focuses on spreading awareness organically through online channels. These statistics provide insights into the performance of various B2B lead generation tactics, including the most effective channels, lead quality, and conversion rates.
- The top content marketing goals for B2B marketers are to create brand awareness (83%), build credibility (77%) and educate audiences (72%). (11)
- 70% of B2B marketers rely on lead conversion as a content marketing performance metric. (16)
- The average MQL to SQL conversion rate is 13% (17)
- The majority (51%) of B2B buyers take action when content includes data and research to support their claims. (44)
- 33% of B2B businesses cite search engines as their top lead generator (18)
- 90% of B2B buyers turn to online channels as their primary method for identifying new suppliers. (46)
- 21% of B2B businesses cite search engines as their top lead generator (18)
The following statistics provide insights into the performance of various B2B e-commerce tactics, including the most effective channels, transaction volume, and revenue generated. It is essential for any B2B business seeking to leverage digital solutions to optimize its sales and revenue growth.
- The B2B e-commerce market is projected to attain a value of $47,772.6 billion by 2030, with an estimated annual growth rate of 11.8% from 2021 to 2030.
- According to BigCommerce, 80% of B2B buyers prefer to place orders through websites. Additionally, about 77% of buyers choose to place their orders through email, while approximately 72% use their mobile phones for the same purpose. (20)
- In B2B e-commerce, it is essential to provide a variety of payment options to customers, and credit cards rank highest, with 94% of buyers preferring them, followed by
- Checks (51%)
- Purchase orders (50%)
- Mobile wallets (26%) (20)
- 64% of B2B firms intend to raise their investments in e-commerce websites. (21)
- 66% of B2B buyers are spending more time online post-pandemic. (22)
Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing is a powerful tool for businesses to communicate with their customers. These statistics provide insights into the performance of various B2B email marketing tactics, including open and click-through rates, conversion rates, and engagement metrics. B2B businesses can refine their email marketing strategies to optimize their campaigns, increase customer engagement, and drive revenue growth.
- 54% believe reaching out to prospective clients is more challenging now than in the past five years. (23)
- Email marketing is the most widely used B2B tactic. (26)
- People spend 0-60 minutes checking their emails each week (24)
- 20% is the average open rate for B2B mail (25)
- 16% of B2B marketing spend goes to emails.
- The average click-through rate of B2B mail is 5% (25)
Video Marketing Statistics
Video marketing is projected to grow as businesses recognize the impact of video content on driving engagement, building brand awareness, and generating revenue. As a result, analyzing video marketing statistics is critical to optimizing future video marketing strategies and campaigns.
- 53% of tech buyers vote for video as the most useful form of content. (27)
- 7 out of 10 buyers watch videos throughout their sales journey (28)
- On average, buyers conduct 12 different online searches before interacting with a website (28)
- 87% of business-related videos are watched on a desktop. (29)
- 96% have reported that they watch explainer videos to gain a better understanding of various products and services.
- 78% of B2B buyers have claimed that they have been persuaded to buy software after watching a video about it.
- Users spend 88% more time on pages with videos. (30)
- 90% of video marketers say video helps them with lead generation (31)
- 75% of B2B marketers are of the opinion that incorporating video into their marketing strategies improves their ROI. (32)
- 71% of B2B marketers produce videos. (33)
- 95% of B2B buyers say video plays a crucial role in their purchase decision. (34)
- 53% of B2B marketers use Youtube for content marketing (33)
- 11% of B2B marketers use Youtube for content marketing (33)
- Video marketing accounts for 6% of the primary marketing expenditure for B2B companies. (18)
B2B buyers spend a significant amount of their time online. The best way to reach out to them and trigger them into taking action is through SEO. A well-optimized content helps your content rank better and get more interaction. Let's look at the latest statistics on the importance of SEO in your content strategy.
- 89% of B2B researchers rely on the internet to collect information about their potential purchases. (28)
- On average, B2B buyers conduct 12 distinct online searches before engaging with a website. (28)
- 59% of Google users only visit a single page. Only 6% visit four or more pages to get answers to their query. (35)
- 95% of search traffic goes to the first page of search results. (36)
- 70% of B2B marketers believe that SEO is more effective than PPC in driving sales. (52)
- 74% of business buyers reported conducting over 50% of their research online before completing an offline purchase. (37)
Social Media Statistics
Social media has become a critical component of B2B marketing, providing businesses with a powerful platform to connect and engage with their target audience. The following statistics provide valuable insights into the importance of social media marketing.
- Social media is utilized by 75% of B2B buyers and 84% of executives at the level of C-level or vice-president. (38)
- 35% of B2B buyers will use social media for their purchases in 5 years. (48)
- 93% of B2B businesses find LinkedIn the most effective in content distribution. (16)
- 66% of B2B marketers have reported seeing a return on investment (ROI) from paid advertising on social media. (39)
- 80 percent of B2B leads were through LinkedIn. Here is the percentage breakup of B2B leads through social networks-
- LinkedIn – 80.33 percent
- Twitter – 12.73 percent
- Facebook – 6.73 percent
- Google+ – 0.21 percent (40)
- In 2020, Instagram saw a nearly 30% y-o-y increase in B2B marketing use. (41)
- Social media is the most used paid content distribution channel by B2B marketers. (11)
- Social media content is the most commonly used content type among B2B marketers, with 95% of them employing it, followed by blog posts/short articles at 89% and email newsletters at 81%. (33)
- 75% of B2B marketers incorporate social media and social media advertising. (18)
- On average, individuals worldwide dedicate 2 hours and 28 minutes of their daily time to using social media. (42)
- Research/survey reports are the most valuable content format and sources for B2B businesses. (44)
That's it. These were some B2B marketing statistics that could benefit B2B businesses in reaching their target customers. From content marketing to lead generation, SEO, email marketing, and social media, these statistics cover various marketing tactics and provide useful benchmarks for businesses to measure their performance.
By analyzing these statistics and adjusting their strategies accordingly, B2B companies can stay ahead of the curve and achieve their marketing goals.
Also, if you want to stay ahead of the game and apply these marketing trends in your business, you should definitely contact Kurve.
- B2B Buyers Rely on Vendor Websites for Content (Marketing Charts)
- Millennials Make 73% of B2B Buying Decisions: Here's What They Want In Return (CEOWorld Magazine)
- The 2021 B2B Marketing Mix Report (Sagefrog Marketing Group)
- 2020-B2B-infographic (CheifMarketer)
- Share of B2B companies who have a formal marketing plan in place in the United States in 2020 (Statista)
- Share of budgets allocated to marketing according to B2B companies in the United States in 2020 (Statista)
- 2022 B2B
- 2022 B2B Marketing Mix Report (Sagefrog Marketing Group)
- VNI Complete Forecast Highlights (CISCO)
- The State of B2B Site Search (wundermanthompson)
- 12th Annual Content Marketing Benchmarks (CMI)
- 30 Content Marketing Statistics to Power Up Your Strategy in 2022 (Databox)
- How to Write a Blog Post That Ranks High: 13 Steps for Writing SEO Articles (plus, high-speed video) (Orbitmedia)
- 30 Crucial B2B Marketing Statistics (2022) (Backlinko)
- Does Content Marketing Increase Sales? (WebFX)
- 13th Annual Content Marketing Benchmarks (CMI)
- B2B Sales Benchmark Research Finds Some Pipeline Surprises [INFOGRAPHIC] (Salesforce)
- B2B marketing trends for more leads and sales in 2021 (SmartInsights)
- Global B2B E-commerce Market 2021-2030 by Business Model, Industry Vertical, Payment Method, Platform Type, Enterprise Size, and Region: Trend Forecast and Growth Opportunity (Research and Markets)
- BigCommerce 2021 Annual Report (BigCommerce)
- Key findings from the 2020 omnichannel report (Digitalcommerce360)
- New rules for B2B buying (Sana)
- 23 Surprising New Sales Statistics for 2023 from Our Groundbreaking Studies! (SalesInsightLab)
- 85 Noteworthy Email Marketing Statistics That Every Business Needs to Know (WebFX)
- Email Benchmarking (Pure360)
- 2020 B2B Marketing Mix Report (Sagefrog Marketing Group)
- The Top Tech Content Marketing Trends (Isoline)
- The Changing Face of B2B Marketing (Google)
- 2019 Video In Business Benchmark Report (Vidyard)
- Website Statistics: 60+ Website Stats to Know (WebFX)
- The State of Video Marketing 2023 (Wyzowl)
- Surprising Video Email Marketing Statistics (CaimpaignMonitor)
- B2B Content Marketing 2020 (CMI)
- 95% B2B Buyers Say Videos Play Crucial Role in Their Purchase Decisions (Spiceworks)
- How people use Google research (New user behaviour study) (Backlinko)
- Why page 2 of Google search results is the best place to hide a dead body (Digital Synopsis)
- B2B Buyer Journey Map Basics (Forrester)
- New IDC Study Reveals That the Most Senior and Influential B2B Buyers Use Online Social Networks in Their Purchase Process. (BusinessWire)
- 66% of B2B Marketers Now Seeing an ROI from Paid Social Media Marketing (KoMarketing)
- Amazing stats! LinkedIn is KING of B2B Marketing (LinkedIn)
- B2B Marketing Trends: Top 5 Takeaways from Our 2023 Marketing Mix Report (Sagefrog)
- The Global State of Digital 2022 (Hootsuite)
- Content Preferences Survey Report (Demand Gen report)
- Future of B2B sales: The big reframe (McKinsey&Company)
- The State of Content Marketing- 2022 Global Report (Semrush)
- The power of buying relationships B2B Buyer Report (Sana)
- The future of B2B purchasing (Digital Commerce 360)
- The B2B Future Shopper Report 2023 (WTCT)
- The Future of Sales (Gartner)
- The future of B2B sales is hybrid(McKinsey&Company)
- 91% of B2B buyers want to order online (FreightWaves)
- 35 B2B Statistics and Trends in 2023 (UserGuiding)
- WHM Survey: Half of B2B Decision Makers Bored by B2B Marketing (WHM)